Please note that Seniors Money is not currently accepting new applications. It is our intention to resume lending as soon as possible but no date is confirmed yet. The information on this site is here to help you decide if a Lifetime Loan from Seniors Money might be suitable for you.
What is Equity Release?
‘Equity Release’ refers to any financial arrangement that allows you access the wealth tied up in your house, without having to move out of the house. In the case of Seniors Money, this is achieved by taking out a ‘lifetime loan’ secured against your house.
What is a Lifetime Loan?
A Lifetime Loan (sometimes called a lifetime mortgage or reverse mortgage), is a form of mortgage loan available to older people, typically aged 60 or older, in which you borrow against the value of your home and retain 100% ownership of the home. The loan is not repaid until you permanently move out or upon your death, so it grows over time as interest is capitalised and added to the balance (i.e. compound interest).
Lifetime Loans offer a number of advantages:
- Unlock the equity in your house. Obtain access to some of the value you have built up in your house.
- Your house is yours for life. You retain full ownership of your house to live in for the rest of your and your partner's lives.
- Use the funds for whatever you need. Spend your funds on house improvements, medical care, a new car or whatever you want. The choice is entirely yours.
- Make no regular repayments. The loan does not have to be repaid until you or your surviving partner pass away, move into permanent long-term care or move permanently from your house for any other reason. The loan is also repayable if you ever sell the house (e.g. to downsize).
- Protected by our "No Negative Equity Guarantee". You will never have to repay more than the net proceeds from the sale of your property even in the event that your loan balance is higher than these net proceeds
A comfortable lifestyle in retirement
A Seniors Money Lifetime Loan would enable you to reinvent your approach to your finances in retirement. Many seniors generally have enough for day to day living but face financial limitations when the roof leaks, the car breaks down, an urgent operation is needed or some other unforeseen expense arrives. For other seniors having "generally enough to live on" usually excludes having any luxuries.
Unlock some of the value you have worked hard to build up in your house using a Seniors Money Lifetime Loan to supplement your pension and enhance your lifestyle for years to come.
An option to consider
Releasing equity from your home is a major financial decision so we encourage you to involve others in your decision making process. The Seniors Money Lifetime Loan is one of options which should be considered, include the following:
- Trading Down
- Renting out part of your house
- Taking out a standard mortgage
- Receiving support from family and friends instead of equity release
These options may not appeal to you or may simply not be possible.
If you are aged 60 or older Equity Release could offer a very practical solution. It gives you access to the value you have built up in your home for your own use in your retirement years and is an appropriate option for many looking to maintain a comfortable lifestyle or to meet unexpected financial needs.
Take a look at the Key Answers section to learn more about a Seniors Money Lifetime Loan.
You can also download a copy of our previous brochure and factsheet for even more information on the Seniors Money Lifetime Loan and how it works. These resources contain lots of useful information and will give you a very good idea of what to expect but please remember that there may be some minor changes to the product when we resume lending in due course.
Join the waiting list
- Are you (or your partner if there are two of you) aged 60 or above?
- Do you own your own home, located in the Republic of Ireland?
- Is your home mortgage-free (or has only a very small mortgage that could be repaid using part of the lifetime loan)?
- Do you think you might be interested in a Lifetime Loan from Seniors Money when we resume lending?
New Customer Contact Details
If you wish to be placed on our waiting list please use our New Loans Enquiry Form »
Alternatively you can contact us by phone or email as follows:
CALL: 01 261 5400
Lines open: Monday to Thursday 09:00 to 17:30 / Friday 09:00 to 17:00
(Please still provide all of the information requested in the New Loans Enquiry Form)
P.O. Box 12998,
Warning: While no interest is payable during the period of the mortgage, the interest is compounded on a monthly basis and is payable in full in circumstances such as death, permanent vacation of or sale of the property.
Warning: Purchasing this product may negatively impact on your ability to fund future needs.